Range Advisors is thrilled to welcome John-Peter Bradford to the firm.
John-Peter is an experienced CEO and board member of both publicly listed and private companies. As a strategic advisor to senior management, organizational doctor and deal maker, he specializes in early stage, growth and restructuring situations.
He has served as Managing Director and Partner of two boutique Canadian Limited Market Dealers and has helped raise hundreds of millions of dollars.
Some recent and current mandates include:
- Board Member and Chair of the Compensation Committee for Biosign Technologies, Inc. (TSX-V; BIO)
- Chair of NextgenID Canada, Inc.
- Board Member NextGenID, Inc. of San Antonio, Texas
- Chair and Board Member, MetroPhotonics Inc.
- Chair and Board Member, Ashurst Technologies Inc. (TSE and NASDAQ)
- Member, Advisory Board, Telfer School of Management (Ottawa University); Board Member, Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance; Board Member, Canadian Association of Management Consultants; Board Member, Institute of Certified Management Consultants of Ontario; Board Member and Treasurer, Ottawa Chamber Music Society; Chair of the FCMC Committee of the Institute of Certified Management Consultants of Ontario
- Member, Research Advisory Group, Canadian Partnership Against Cancer; Member, Cancer Care Advisory Committee of the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation Board; Governance Project Committee of Patients Canada (Patients’ Association of Canada)
In the public sector, John-Peter served as principal advisor to senior management in restructuring, quality enhancement and infrastructure renewals of the House of Commons, the Supreme Court of Canada, the Canadian Commercial Corporation, the Medical Research Council of Canada, HRDC (nationally and regionally), Immigration Refugee Board, and others. He also coordinated the development of the Inuit land claim that was presented to the Trudeau government in 1976. This was the basis for the eventual formation of Nunavut, Canada’s newest territory. As senior advisor at the Inuit Cultural Institute, he contributed significantly to UNESCO’s guidelines for the conduct of research and exploration in the North.
John-Peter received his Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation in 1987 and in 2003 was awarded an FCMC, an honour held by less than 5% of all CMCs. He holds a B.A. (Psychology) from Fairfield University in Connecticut (1964) and an M.A. (Experimental Psychology) from the University of Toronto (1966), where he also successfully completed all requirements but dissertation for a doctorate, with a minor in neuroanatomy (1968). During his tenure at the University of Toronto, he held Province of Ontario and NRC Fellowships, and was nominated for a Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship. In 1982, he received a Ph.D. in Psychology and Community Services from Columbia Pacific University.
A cancer survivor, he is a member of the Research Advisory Group of the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer and the Cancer Care Advisory Committee of the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation. John-Peter’s book Journeys in Cancerland, with Lisa Newman, was published in 2012. His next book will examine the need to facilitate faster development of and access to better drug therapies for use in lethal diseases like cancer. A passionate patient advocate, John-Peter works on issues of policy and delivery in the healthcare system. He also advises patients helping them learn about, advocate for and navigate their care.
His eclectic interests have led him to publish in magazines, literary periodicals and peer-reviewed scientific journals on topics ranging from business to healthcare to current affairs to psychopharmacology and animal behaviour.
Posted by Scott Sinclair, Range Advisors
Our passion is to support business owners in pursuit of their dreams.
We believe that for professional advice to be truly valuable to medium, small and entrepreneurial businesses, the adviser’s professional skills must be world-class, the adviser must participate in the effective execution of the solution and the advice must be affordable by the business. With this, these businesses can overcome all challenges.