Our Founder, Scott Sinclair, was recently interviewed on The Insider’s Guide to Finance podcast with Cory Cleveland. The episode covers a lot our approach to working with troubled companies and can be found HERE.
KEY POINTS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Get to know today’s guest Scott Sinclair, President of Sinclair Range.
- Learn about Scott’s company, Sinclair Range and how they help turn around businesses.
- Scott’s formal training as an accountant and how he transitioned into entrepreneurship.
- The factors that have allowed Scott to step into so many diverse businesses.
- The role that monthly projection models play in a business analysis.
- What it means for a company to embrace change and why it is one of Scott’s core beliefs.
- Why companies that need to turn around are always resistant to change.
- Learn how Scott conducts a ‘listening tour’ and why it illuminates what isn’t working within a troubled company.
- How confirmation bias prevents executives from understanding what isn’t working in their business.
- An overview of what it means to create winning momentum and why it’s so important.
- The unexpected challenges of growing revenue.
- How Scott’s businesses weathered the pandemic. As well as his views on a post-pandemic economy.
- Scott’s media recommendations, other podcasts and audiobooks.